Welcome to my genealogy web site. Please consider this site permanently under construction. Much of the information found here has been gathered from collections made by my mother, Caroline M. Wurts, and my father's parents, John Sparhawk Wurts and Dorothy Barrett (Williams) Wurts, concerning our lineages. I have finally posted my Ancestors of Reed Molthan Williams Wurts database!!! So far I have only entered into my ANCESTORS database parents for each family and will enter the other children as time goes by. Eventually, I will collect collateral lines of sibling descent for future inclusion and request that viewers with lines that connect share information for future posting. Also, if you find any errors/discrepancies, please let me know what information you have on those instances. I have collected this information from various sources, but have not verified the data with primary sources. I have included some of the source references in the notes for some of the individuals. Some of the medieval lineages are known to have conflicting sources, and a few of the modern lineages have even been found to be in need of corrections. Information source documentation is very valuable in all lineage research and I encourage viewers to volunteer sources for information they find listed here. I hope you will find some previously undiscovered ancestors here!
(this page last updated 11/28/13)
Please note: If you have bookmarked the previous location at prodigy.com ...
You are now viewing this page at
and should update your bookmark
Persons A-Z Index
(ancestors database posted at last!)
12-Generation Name-Only Pedigree Chart
WURTS Family Database
WILLIAMS Family Database
Daniel Webb Williams and Jemima Lewis
of Winchester, Frederick Co., VA,
and Uniontown, Fayette Co., PA
My German Ancestry Database
Ancestors and Cousins of
Emil Henrich Friedrich Molthan;
Molthans of Kusel, Furchtenichts of Behrensen,
Houy, Page, Clund, Neu, Dauwemann, Hellriegel, Fischer
REED Family Database
Elijah Reed and Jane Oliver
of Snow Hill, Worcester Co., MD
SOLOMON Family Database
Jonas Solomon and Hannah Applegate
of Freehold, Monmouth Co., NJ,
Comments and/or Submissions are welcomed.
Please e-mail me at: Reed@Wurts.net
Thank you for your feedback.
You are visitor
(No, it's really only 10 Thousand and something, NOT 10 Million!
You are visitor since 7/24/98
- An Internet Genealogy Introduction - to be updated
- Two very important ingredients were left out of my recent presentation at the Chester County Library (Pennsylvania) due to time constraints:
- Search Engines - more on these coming soon, see the link below - I really did want to spend some time on these because they are valuable tools in finding all sorts of web pages that contain data; family, census, organization or locality specific research, surname groups or forums, etc., etc.
- Correspondence with individuals is very, very important in the process of collecting information; I displayed a number of items gathered through Internet/email correspondence, but did not have time to describe the particular items. These included photos of grandparents, a photo of my great-great-grandmother, a 900+ page printed translation of the Wirz family of Switzerland genealogy (includes my emigrant ancestor and also fits on a floppy diskette), a single collection of 193 family group sheets from distant cousins in Switzerland, a 2nd partial chronicle of a portion of the journey to America from Zurich including a letter from my 6th-great-grandmother describing the "deplorable conditions" in America, an addition of about 400 names to a descendants-of-my-Swiss-ancestors database, ditto for my Williams family database, quite a number of pedigree and descendancy charts - some connected to my families and some not, and newsletters from a number of Family Associations found through the internet.
In addition, I have received and shared many tidbits and also some small and large databases through email correspondence. Email takes a lot less time than surface mail and very large amounts of information can be exchanged for very little cost. Putting the information into the computer does take some time however.
- Also, if any of you attending the presentation have web pages, I could include your links in a Local Researchers/Organizations/Libraries listing if you email me a description of your site.
Reed's Home Page (back, if you came from there)
Surnames of my ancestors are listed here if there is a record, or other information, that indicates their presence in the area at some time. These initial listings include names mostly from country/state focus lists of individuals that have been entered in the computer database so far.
I have temporarily linked some of the names to my Heraldry pages, but am in the process of linking them to my Ancestors database, now that it's finally posted! Some of the names are followed by a "(+)" link which indicates that there is a separate page with additional family information such as other children, biographical info, sources, and a few links, and some include heraldry. If there is such a "(+)" page, it usually contains more info on a particular family than the database entry.
Many of the names on my father's mother's side are linked to my Williams Descendants and Associated families database which lists other children of the families.